Thursday, August 4, 2011

Surviving with cereal

Salam Ramadhan... that means it has been a year since I closed my other blog. It has become too public to my liking, so I closed it down last Ramadhan. Crazy reason? Yeah.. I know.

Ramadhan has been my favorite month since I started to know the meaning of fasting at the age of 6. True enough, the happiness for people who fast is at the moment when we break our fast, and hopefully when we get to meet our Creator in the hereafter, insyaallah.

I always have something to remember when Ramadhan comes every year. This year is about surviving 2 days with only a mug of 3 in 1 milo with cereals. Crazy enough? Yeah... that's what happened to me on the 3rd day of Ramadhan this year.

This Milo Fuze 3 in 1 is my staple food this Ramadhan. Having to work late everyday, I don't see the point why I should worry too much about food. This 3 in 1 thingy is just perfect for me to consume during iftar at my workstation. It satisfies my hunger quite well, enough to survive the night before suhoor the next morning.

On Tuesday, this was what I consumed during iftar.. of course with lots of water. And I didn't eat anything after that. It is quite normal for me to do that, since I'll cook and consume proper meal for suhoor. So what I did after I came back from office is to prepare food to be cooked the next morning. But guess what? I overslept and woke up right when my ears heard adzan for fajr from the mosque nearby. Arghhh.. there goes my suhoor.

So imagine.. I just had a mug of 3 in 1 Milo on the 2nd day, and have to survive the next day without suhoor? I was damn hungry and all I can think of was what's happening in my stomach the whole day! It really feels like I am a 4 year old child trying to fast for the first time!

But later I thought.. that perhaps happened for a reason. Perhaps God wanted me to feel how it is like to go without food for days. What happen to those who can't have access to food for days, or even weeks or months? If I find it challenging to only survive 2 days with a proper mug of tasty milo with cereal, what happened to those who have to survive without food for days or weeks or month? Alhamdulillah for the rezeki, alhamdulillah for the lesson. I shall never complaint!

No comments:

Post a Comment