Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Island Shangri - La , Hong Kong

Island Shangri - La, this is where I stayed during my April 2010 visit to Hong Kong. This is definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in so far. I couldn't find anything to complaint, not that much. It was nearly perfect.

It is located within walking distance from Admiralty station, Pacific Place, and very near to Victoria Peak. Yeah - at the centre basically.

Pricing wise, yes, I think it is quite expensive - to my budget of course haha. You guys rich people might might think it is cheap lahhh. But I stayed here on business trip, so it was all covered for, so yeah.. it didn't dig any hole into my pocket pheeewwwww. This particular room I stayed in costs more than HKD3,000 per night, that is about RM1,500 per night. The level of excellence matches the amount you spend, though.


The experience was good, alhamdulillah. I was greeted by fresh flower scent once I entered the lobby, the receptionists were very friendly, and the service was very good. I came into the room with a personal message aired on the TV screen, very welcoming, very personal. I guess these little little things, though they are petty little things, make us very comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was spotless. The room was spacious, to Hong Kong-space-luxury standard, and I think it is more than enough. It is a comfortable room. I probably just didn't really like the color combination in the room, but other than that, it was excellent!


This was what they provided everyday - chinese tea and a basket of assorted fruits. I just love it. You know, when it is free, you find your fruit tasted even better.. wakakaka. Free? Yeah yeah.. they sure have included that in the room cost, but you know human being, when you don't see the cost being spelled out to you, your mind will tell you it is free! Hik.. hik..


You know when I came in, and I looked around the room, tested the drawers etc, I found this particular arrow in one of the main drawers - the KIBLAT! This is just normal in hotels in Malaysia, but in Hong Kong? It added to the plus points - it is easier for us Muslim, because we do not even have to search for the kiblat, don't even have to bring compass, don't even have to look at the direction of sunrise and sunset, it is basically given.


And you see, this is the toilet. Nice? Yeah.. can you see what's on the wall? It is a mini TV. So basically you can stay there for hours and hours watching TV while doing your personal business.

I guess one thing I really want to stress is the level of service, it was really excellent. The staffs are ever ready to help, very courteous, very polite, I don't see that level of service in many hotels I visited in Malaysia. I really wanted to sound patriotic about my country of course, but this particular one, the hotel service, it is just exceed expectation I couldn't find that level of service in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment