Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Excelsior - Hong Kong

I stayed at Excelsior during my Nov 2009 visit - it was a business trip, so the hotel is basically quite near to our regional office in Hong Kong Island.

I stayed here for 4 nights, and it was a pleasant stay, basically. Not excellent, but basically it was OK and I don't have much complaint. If you are into shopping, it might be a good location as it is just steps away from many shop lots including SOGO. Located at Causeway Bay, it is very near to Causeway Bay station as well.

The hotel rate, not cheap, but not that high either. When I stayed there, I was charged at about HKD1,000 per night, it might be on a high side if we compare it with average hotels in Malaysia, especially because it is just a standard room. But considering it is located at Causeway Bay, it is OK I think.

The room was quite basic, but the set up caters for working individuals. Free internet connection included. It was clean, and I like the color of the room. Simple, with not much things, very basic, but that's what making it looks spacious, though in actual fact the space is limited. I don't mind spending my time in the room. My room was overlooking the Victoria Harbor, so spending my morning looking at the harbor with a cup of tea was not bad after all.
The room came with a King size bed, the mattress was very comfortable. The room was not that spacious, but basically you will have ample space to move around. For a couple, there will be no space issue.

The breakfast spread was also good, it was elaborate enough, except of course I can't consume many of the things due to halal issue. I just had some bread with butter, fruits and that stuffs.

Will I recommend people to stay here, well.. if price is not the issue, then why not? Except that it is in the middle of the city, some people might not like it. But Hong Kong is all city anyway, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment